Thursday, February 12, 2009

What Is Sacred Space?


What does sacred mean to me? I believe that something sacred is to be revered; to be respected. But where is it in my life and how can I identify it? I come from a Christian background so I have been brought up to think of church as a sacred space, and in the same way mosques and synagogues are sacred to their followers. But for someone without a religious belief sacred space could be when you are surfing, gardening or fishing, to name a few. Depending on your culture, your upbringing, your family and your life you will have a different understanding of what is sacred to you. Some sacred ceremonies or days for some people could be Anzac day, Christmas, Hanukkah or The Big Day Out. But something that I believe that we can all agree on is that something sacred is important, special and to be respected.

















These are all Sacred

No comments:

Post a Comment